Why is this unit great for mold problems?
The UV filtration system of this unit (non ozone emitting) will not just trap mold, but destroy the DNA of the mold spores. An independent study* was conducted using the Airpura P600 and the UV600 to measure the removal rates of mold spores. At the lowest speed of 50 CFM, (lowest speed recommended to allow the maximum dwell time over the filters and the UV lamp), the removal rate of airborne mold spores (including the dangerous black mold) was 99.97%! The units also have 18 lbs of carbon for odors and gases and a large medical grade HEPA filter for fine particulate matter.
FREE YOUR AIR FROM AIRBORNE AND AEROSOLIZED CHEMICALS AND PATHOGENS WITH THIS REVOLUTIONARY PURIFIER USING UV LIGHT TO DRAMATICALLY IMPROVE INDOOR AIR QUALITY.
Chemicals, viruses, bacteria, mold and particles go through 4 levels of filtration for complete removal. This UV air purifier destroys the DNA of microorganisms including influenza and gastro as well as black mold, effectively neutralizing them. Airpura’s 18 lbs of custom blended activated carbon adsorbs chemicals, VOC’s gases, and odor.
Airpura’s patented TitanClean™ technology developed by NASA dramatically increases the range of chemicals that can be adsorbed while a medical grade True HEPA filter provides powerful particle reduction of 99.97%of particulate matter as small as 0.3 microns including PM2.5, pollen, dust, dander. Effective for rooms up to 2,000 square feet. Provides a complete air exchange every 30 minutes.
Removes: Wide spectrum of harmful gases and odors originating from VOCs (Volatile organic compounds) and chemicals found in homes from common household cleaning products, cosmetics, paints, carpet, upholstery. Removal of mold viruses and bacteria at 99.97%
Contains: Prefilter, 18 lbs of activated carbon, medical grade HEPA filter, photocatalytic oxidizer for enhanced chemical filtration, UV germicidal light for mold, viruses, and bacteria.
- Homes with Individuals with suppressed immune systems, the elderly and very young children
- Individuals with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS)
- Places with poor outdoor air quality.
- Workplace/Industrial use
CALL FOR A FREE EXPERT CONSULTATION WITH AN INDOOR AIR QUALITY SPECIALIST.
Due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the large volume of orders that we have been receiving, the current wait time for your order is 6-8 weeks.
REMOVAL RATE OF MOLD, AIRBORNE/AEROSOLIZED VIRUSES AND BACTERIA AT 99.97%
To see a detailed list of mold types that the P600 captures, go to: https://www.airpura.com/floodcleanup#scrollTop=0
Why this Air Purifier is considered #1:
- This purifier is the most advanced and complete chemical and VOC filtration system on the market today.
- The powerful TitanClean™ Photocatalytic Oxidizer significantly increases the range of dangerous airborne chemicals that can be safely and effectively neutralized.
- UV germicidal lamp sterilizes microorganisms preventing them from being released back into the air.
- The powerful HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne particles, as small as 0.3 microns.
- 360° air distribution allows for purification for up to 2000 sq. ft with 2 air exchanges an hour (based on 8-foot ceilings).
- Sleek machine design that will blend in with all decors.
- Easy care and maintenance
- Non-ozone emitting
|Manufacturer Suggested Room Size (sq.ft) Based on 8 ft ceilings.||2,000 sq.ft|
|System Efficiency||99.97% of airborne particles ≥ 0.3 microns|
|Fan Speed||560 CFM (Free Flow)|
|Air Exchange per Hour||2|
|Prefilter||Poly Prefilter 2PK|
Replace: 12 months
|Chemical gas & odor filter||2“ Carbon Filter|
|18-lbs, Activated Carbon Filter (100% Coconut Shell)
Replace: 24 months
|Upgrade Option Upgrade your filter if you needs change or for something heavier duty.|
|18-lbs, Impregnated Carbon Filter The potassium iodide accelerates the binding of chemicals faster and thus removes them quicker
(Potassium Iodide + Coconut Shell Carbon)
|Main Particle Filter||True HEPA filter (40 sq. ft)|
|99.97% of airborne particles ≥ 0.3 microns
Replace: 3-5 years
|Super HEPA 14 Filter (99.99% of airborne particles ≥ 0.1 microns)
ULPA Filter (99.9999% of airborne particles ≥ 0.1 microns)
|Photocatalytic Technology||TitanClean Photocatalytic Oxidizer
|Replace: 18-24 months|
|UV Germicidal Lamp||UV Germicidal Technology|
|Replace: 18-24 months|
|Dimension||23″ High, 15″ Wide|
|Colors||Black, White, Beige|
|Housing Materials||Powder coat steel|
|Voltage||115 or 220 volts|
How do you know if you have mold?
You may see it show up as a black spots on the wall, on the underside of a carpet or the place may have a musty smell. One of most dangerous varieties is black mold. There are two types of black mold: Stachybotrys and Aspergillus niger.
Both produce mycotoxins that are poisonous to the human body.
How can you clean up mold?
- Hard, non-porous items composed of plastic, metal or glass are usually safe to keep. You can just clean and/or disinfect them
- Anything that traps moisture is a breeding ground for mold. Even after carpets have been dried off, mold usually festers in the fibers within and underneath. They should be promptly disposed of. Most porous materials such as wood, drywall and upholstered items such as couches can trap mold. They should be discarded.
- Use non-ammonia soap or detergent to clean all areas and washable items that came in contact with floodwaters
- Areas that have been cleaned can take several days to dry properly. Heat, fans and dehumidifiers can speed up this process
- Keep home properly ventilated when cleaning up as well as post cleanup. Running an air purifier during cleanup as well as after to remove airborne mold spores is also important.
Can an air purifier remove mold?
The answer is yes. A key component that a purifier requires to do the job is a UV germicidal lamp. Having a HEPA air purifier is not enough to remove mold spores. The mold spore will get trapped on the surface of the HEPA filter, but technically, the spore is still there. A UV germicidal lamp will actually destroy the DNA of the mold spore which will render the spore unable to reproduce.
When do I need to replace the filters?
Titan Clean reflectors last for 20 months depending on use Carbon filters typically last up to2 years depending on use Hepa filters typically last 5 years in regular use.Pre-filters can be vacuumed from the exterior of the unit and should be changed every 12 months de-pending on use UV Germicidal lamps will be effective for up to 15,000 hours