Why is this product the Best Air Purifier for Mold?
This Mold Air Purifier equiped with Medical Grade HEPA will effectively remove mold spores from the air. While the blend of carbon and zeolite will take care of the mycotoxins that can develop when mold is present.
Who should consider the HealthMate®?
- Individuals with indoor air quality concerns
- Those with slight sensitivities to airborne particles, chemicals and gases
- Families looking for protection from every day indoor air pollutants
- Lessens night time allergies and asthma attacks
- Strengthened immune system
- Eases coughing, wheezing and sneezing
- Reduces dry mouth and runny nose
- Sounder sleep
- Reduced snoring
Why is the HealthMate® the best choice for me?
- Efficiently removes a wide range of airborne pollutants and allergens, including dust, pollen, chemicals and gases
- Filters viruses and bacteria
The Austin Air HealthMate® was selected for use in a clinical trial at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Centre. The team monitored a group of children with asthma who were regularly exposed to second-hand smoke. The aim of the study was to determine how the use of our air purifiers could help to reduce the number of times the children went to hospital. The results were clear, running one of our units in the children’s bedrooms while they slept, reduced their hospital visits by nearly 20%.
Our Commitment To You;
Backed by the best warranty in the industry, you can take pleasure in knowing you’ve made a sound investment with your Austin Air cleaner.
30-Day, No-Questions-Asked, Money-Back Guarantee
In the unlikely event that you’re not completely satisfied with your Austin Air cleaner, return it within 30-days, no-questions-asked.
5-Year Mechanical Warranty
Your Austin Air cleaner is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5-years from the date of purchase; provided your Austin air purifier was operated under normal residential use and that you have completed and returned your warranty registration to Austin Air Systems.
5-Year Pro-rated Filter Warranty
Austin Air offers a 5-year pro-rated filter warranty, by far the most comprehensive in the industry. No more costly filter replacements every few months or years. Austin Air filters are designed to last for an unprecedented 5-years, under normal residential use.
The HealthMate® is Austin’s original filtration unit. It is still our most popular unit as it addresses a wide variety air quality concerns by removing sub-micron particles, noxious gases and chemicals. Austin Air’s 360-degree intake system draws air into all sides of the HealthMate®, passing it through a 4-stage filter.
The result? Your general indoor air quality concerns addressed!
- Dimensions: 14.5″L x 14.5″W x 23″H
- Weight: 47 lbs.
- 360° Perforated steel intake housing
- Baked on powder coat paint finish
- 3 speed centrifugal Fan
- High efficiency motor rated for continuous use at high RPM
- CSA approved
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter. Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter. Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – Over 780 cubic inches of Activated Carbon and Zeolite. Removes chemicals, gases and odors.
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.
How can an air purifier help with mold?
- Mold releases spores into the air which float about and make their way into your lungs. Air purifiers draw air through a filter, removing impurities before expressing clean air back into the room.
What type of filter is the best for mold problems?
- Mold spores are approximately 1-30 microbes which means they require a fine enough filter to catch them. HEPA air filters catch 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microbes, which means they’re more than qualified for mold spores. Buy a replacement filter here.
How many stages does the HealthMate have?
- The HealthMate has a 4 stage filter. Don’t compromise on filter quality when fighting mold. An air purifier with at least a 2-stage filtration system is best.
How can the speed control of your unit affect mold?
- The HealthMate has a 3 speed control switch. Having different fan speeds is handy because it helps to control the rate at which the air is being circulated. During damp, cold months where mold comes out to play, you can hike up the fan speed on your air purifiers to the highest level to get a thorough clean. Then during warmer seasons when you manage to ventilate your home naturally (i.e. windows open and the sun is coming through) you can turn the speed down.
What are the CFM’s at the high speed setting?
- The HealthMate rates 400cfm on the high setting.
How large of an area can the HealthMate clean?
- 1500 sq. ft
What is the difference between the HealthMate™ and the HealthMate+”?
- Both have a True Medical HEPA filter and granular carbon and zeolite. The
carbon in the Plus model is impregnated with potassium iodide. This makes the
unit even more effective at removing formaldehyde and ammonia. Austin Air’s
HealthMate+™ is best used in places like new homes, laboratories, beauty salons,
funeral homes, etc. Sources of formaldehyde in homes can be carpets, wood
panel, construction materials and furniture upholstery.