This Medical Grade Air Purifier has 4 stages of filtration.
- The first, traps larger pollutants such as dust, hair and pet dander. Basically, the pollutants we can see.
- The second stage of filtration takes care of medium sized particles, such as mold, spores and pollen.
- The third stage of filtration uses a unique blend of Activated Carbon, Potassium Iodide Impregnated Carbon and Zeolite. Making it highly effective at removing Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), formaldehyde, benzenes, chemicals, gases and odors. But it doesn’t stop there.
- The fourth stage of filtration uses Medical Grade HEPA. HEPA removes the tiniest of particles, as small as 0.1 microns. To give this some perspective, the average human hair is around 75 microns in diameter. 0.1 micron really is tiny.
Unique 360-degree intake system
Unlike other brands, Austin Air uses a 360-degree intake system. Drawing air into all sides of the filter like this ensures maximum cleaning capacity. We are also the only air purifier constructed using solid steel and a non-toxic powder coated paint. No plastic, no polystyrene, no off gassing.
The Austin Air Healthmate Plus® effectively removes bacteria and aerosolized viruses larger than 0.1 micron. It also eliminates a wide range of gases, chemicals, VOC’s and formaldehyde. This broad-spectrum adsorption makes it the best choice for people exposed to smoke from wildfires and offers dentists and their patients protection against COVID-19.
Who should consider this Medical Grade Air Purifier?
- Dentists looking to remove aerosolized viruses larger than 0.1 microns, and other contaminants from the environment
- Anyone needing an efficient way of removing wood burning smoke, formaldehyde and other dangerous VOCs
- Individuals suffering from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- Those with pre-existing health concerns
- Individuals in high particle and gas contaminated areas
- Reduces the viral load to lower the risk of infection or severity of disease
- Eases headaches and reduces nausea related to chemical exposure
- Strengthens the immune system
- Eases coughing, wheezing and sneezing
- Reduces dry mouth and runny nose
- Sounder sleep
- Minimizes snoring
- Lessen night time allergies and asthma attacks
Why is the HealthMate Plus® the best choice for me?
- Medical Grade HEPA effectively removes 95% of airborne viruses that are 0.1 microns and larger
- Designed for highly contaminated indoor air conditions
- Extremely effective at removing particles in the air including formaldehyde, elements of smoke, dust and pollens
- Exceptional capacity for removing Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Filters bacteria
The HealthMate Plus® specializes in the reduction of harmful chemicals, noxious gases, VOC’s, formaldehyde and sub-micron particles for individuals in the most contaminated of settings. Austin Air’s 360-degree intake system draws air into all sides of the HealthMate Plus®, passing it through a 4-stage filter.
The result? The number one unit for those who are chemically sensitive.
- Dimensions: 14.5″L x 14.5″W x 23″H
- Weight: 47 lbs.
- 360° Perforated steel intake housing
- Baked on powder coat paint finish
- 3 speed centrifugal Fan
- High efficiency motor rated for continuous use at high RPM
- CSA approved
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter. Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter. Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – Over 780 cubic inches of Activated Carbon, Potassium Iodide Impregnated Carbon and Zeolite. Removes Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), formaldehyde, benzenes, chemicals, gases and odors.
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns
The Austin Air HealthMate Plus® Filter has a true medical grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filter surrounded by a blend of potassium iodide impregnated carbon/zeolite mixture. This additive, along with the activated carbon and zeolite, delivers greater capacity for the filtration of chemicals and gases including Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). The HEPA filters 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns in size. Consequently, this combination of medias provide improved relief in highly contaminated air spaces for those who are severely chemically sensitive
Our Commitment To You;
Backed by the best warranty in the industry, you can take pleasure in knowing you’ve made a sound investment with your Austin Air cleaner.
30-Day, No-Questions-Asked, Money-Back Guarantee
In the unlikely event that you’re not completely satisfied with your Austin Air cleaner, return it within 30-days, no-questions-asked.
5-Year Mechanical Warranty
Your Austin Air cleaner is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5-years from the date of purchase; provided your Austin air purifier was operated under normal residential use and that you have completed and returned your warranty registration to Austin Air Systems.
5-Year Pro-rated Filter Warranty
Austin Air offers a 5-year pro-rated filter warranty, by far the most comprehensive in the industry. No more costly filter replacements every few months or years. Austin Air filters are designed to last for an unprecedented 5-years, under normal residential use. Buy a replacement filter here.
What is the filter life of the device?
We are the only air purifier with a 5-year filter life. No other air purifier comes close to this.
carbon in the Plus model is impregnated with potassium iodide. This makes the
unit even more effective at removing formaldehyde and ammonia. Austin Air’s
HealthMate+™ is best used in places like new homes, laboratories, beauty salons,
funeral homes, etc. Sources of formaldehyde in homes can be carpets, wood
panel, construction materials and furniture upholstery.
This unit is designed to reduce allergens in the air, such as dust mites, pet dander, pollen or mold spores. Many people who suffer from allergies or asthma use an air purifier to reduce their exposure to these triggers. These allergens are carried on particles floating in the air, often so tiny they become suspended for hours at a time.
Humidifiers, on the other hand, have no impact on allergen levels. Instead, they may help symptoms feel less severe if your nasal passages are dry and irritated. Note that humidifiers do not reduce allergy or asthma symptoms, and they might even increase the risk of allergies and asthma (Svendsen, Gonzales & Commodore, 2018). Moreover, if a humidifier is not properly cleaned, it can develop mold and actually introduce mold spores into the air, triggering allergy and asthma symptoms.